- Seek medical attention right away for any injuries you may have sustained. Prompt medical attention is not only important for your health, but if you later need to make a medical claim, it is important to show that you sought medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible.
- Exchange contact information with witnesses and others at the scene. Identifying responsible parties, like other drivers, property owners, or anyone else who may have a role to play in your accident is important. Your personal injury lawyer at the Miller Law Firm can help. But gathering the names of witnesses and potentially negligent people is also important.
- Take photos. If you have your cell phone handy, take photos of the accident scene. Photograph damage to your car and any injuries. Photograph where the crash took place. If you slipped and fell, photograph the area where you tripped and any spills, uneven floor surfaces, or other hazards.
- Contact your insurance company. If you were in a car accident or truck accident or other type of motor vehicle accident, you should let your insurance company know as soon as possible. If another person was at fault, your insurance company may be able to help.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer. If you have been seriously injured or have questions about your next steps, contact Miller Trial Law, a personal injury lawyer, today. Our accident attorneys are here to help you every step of the way, from estimating the value of your claim to writing demand letters to negotiating with insurance companies to fighting your case in court.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, you don’t need to go through the claims process alone. Miller Trial Law is a personal injury law firm that may be able to help you. You may only have a limited amount of time to file your claim under the law. Miller Trial Law offers new clients a free initial consultation during which we can review your case and offer you a roadmap on the next steps you can take.